[AMRadio] "My ARRL, Right or Wrong...!!!"

Robert Nickels w9ran at oneradio.net
Thu Apr 24 16:40:12 EDT 2008

Peter Markavage wrote:
> Membership dues helps, but it's noise in comparison to the other revenue generators.

Sorry Pete, but that's simply not correct.  Membership dues are the
largest single source of ARRL income.   From the 2007 Annual Report (the
most recent one that is available for the Year Ended December 31, 2006):

Revenues and Contributions:

Membership dues $5,016,089
Net publication sales $3,435,316
Advertising revenue $2,541,503
Investment income (restricted and unrestricted) $415.288
Examination fees and other $328,694
Program and service fees $418,503
Government grant awards $122,397
Contributions and support (restricted and unrestricted)  $1,368,399

I went back to the earliest report on the website, for FY 1995, and in
that year Dues brought in $4.4M, Publications $4.3M and Ads $3.1M, so
the shift toward dues as a larger share of ARRL income has been the case
at least the past 12 years.

73, Bob W9RAN