[AMRadio] "My ARRL, Right or Wrong...!!!"

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Thu Apr 24 17:17:30 EDT 2008

OK, it's loud noise, but add pub sales and ad rev. still exceed
membership dues by about a million. So, in order to keep revenue viable,
if membership goes down, in order to make up the difference, more push
for ad and pub. revenue. Begging in other arenas is also a viable
alternative but I think they tapped most of them. So, if you kill your
membership, you're forcing them to extract revenue from these other
sources. Of course, either way, they can draw some monies for certain
projects from the contributions and support bucket. The over all point is
that stopping your membership doesn't solve some of the issues that have
been discussed here recently and in the past with ARRL/QST etc. Of
course, just adding 8 more pages to QST each month (that's the increment)
for ads, if the push was there, could add a nice monetary perk each
month. You could also kill a column or two and not add any additional
pages. It will be interesting to read the 2007 Annual Report which should
be available for read on the ARRL web site in June.

Pete, wa2cwa
http://www.manualman.com