[AMRadio] "My ARRL, Right or Wrong...!!!"

Anthony W. DePrato wa4jqs at mikrotec.com
Fri Apr 25 11:04:54 EDT 2008

>> >  The in depth technical minutia was all moved over to QEX back in the
>> >  80's. No reason to keep it in QST.
>If you don't like the technical article content, write one and
>submit it. TAs (technical advisors) perform the "peer review" for
>submissions to all League publications. Are you a TA? Have you seen
>the nature of what gets submitted? I am, and I do.
>>snip

i use to write about the hf antennas i build back in the 70's the
ARRL would not print any of them never really gave me a reason just
they did not have any need for hf quad ,160 mt helicoil vertical or
40 mt delta loops. Ham Radio grabbed each one of them up. then about
2 years later i got a letter from the arrl asking permission to
reprint my "taming the monster quad" . lol.. of course they wanted to
print it for free as it had already ran in Ham Radio. some of my work
was carried by the RSGB ,WIA and SARA.
I received many letters over the years about them. my good friend
Rich N8UX and i were talking about all the 2mt ants. which qst had
and when the last ant issue came out it made me sick. all the same
crap. Rich send in a write up on an antenna he build for hf and also
on a voice EQ and digital keyer . guess what qst turned him down flat
on all of them. said they were too tech. for the readers. and that he
could send them to the qex boys they might be interested. jezzzzzzzzzz.

what use to take me hours to read (qst) now takes me less then 10
mins same review of another 2 mt rig or another 2 mt pvc ant. i have
seen a couple reviews of new hf rigs that were interesting but they
are far and few between.
i called the arrl once and asked them to stop sending me qst it was
worthless and in stead send me qex in its place they laughed at me as
if i was a nut case and were rude and told me to sub to qex if i
wanted it  hi hi..
73 Tony

QBE  ZUT  DE WA4JQS

ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
Since 1962
CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
A1-OP      FISTS  # 10573   SKCC #1227 F.O.P. LODGE 68
DXCC PHONE- DXCC CW- DXCC RTTY- DXCC MIXED
DXCC 40, 20, 15, 10 METERS
South Sandwich Island Dxpedition Group
CALLS HELD:
WA4JQS/ZS1, WA4JQS/KC4, WA4JQS/4K1