[AMRadio]Contests

Mark K3MSB mark.k3msb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 18:10:32 EDT 2008

On 4/25/08, Peter Markavage <manualman at juno.com> wrote:
 There is nothing stopping you from operating AM during any of
> these contests.

There is nothing stopping you from riding your bike down the middle
lane of the Santa Monica freeway either, but the results would be
counter productive just the same.

I've "entered" the CX contests just about every time they've been on
since I found out about them (2000 or so).    I stopped doing any AM
as I found there was little to be found.  I suspect this is a case of
nobody does AM because they don't think they's much AM to be had, but
in reality there could be AM to be had if people got on the air.
This reeks of 10M.......   the band's open, but it appears dead
because nobody is talking, just listening....

I fondly remember the 2007 AWA AM bash;  it was on the same evening as
the ARRL CW DX Contest.   I had a ball rolling between the two
operating positions!!

There seems to be some interest in doing some vintage ops during field
day this year at our club;  so maybe I'll try some AM.

73 Mark K3MSB