[AMRadio] A meter for a Heathkit SB-230 amp?

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Sun Aug 3 16:58:57 EDT 2008

Jason wrote:
>zzzDOINK!

I didn't break the meter, honest.  It was like that when I bought the
amp.  See...The power supply isn't even finished yet!

Ellen wrote:
> What you going to use the amp for Steve?

If it turns out to be stable and reliable, I believe it will become the
first linear amp to ever stay-put on my operating desk.  It should be
handy for both AM and SSB.  The other desktop amps I've played with
didn't impress me enough to be kept on the desk - they move to the
shelf the same day.

Once it is working OK 80-10m, I'll see if I can add 160m.  The Russian
tube should be a good conversation topic.

Jim wrote:
>Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all
that stuff.

If the amp-rebuilder is good, see, really good...  he can barrel that
GI-7B down in there so low...  Fryin' chickens in the barnyard!!

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.