[AMRadio] 1500 KHz trap for NC-156

John Coleman jc at pctechref.com
Mon Aug 11 14:54:39 EDT 2008

Good work Larry:
	I have just a quick suggestion and it may not be even noticeable.
When tuning for the 1500KC null on the trap start tuning from the low end
(maximum capacitance) stop tuning when you get enough attenuation even if it
is not centered on 1500KC.  You may find that you can reach enough
attenuation of the unwanted 1500KC when the trap is actually resonating at a
much lower frequency.  This will bring the gain back up a little on the 160
meter band.
	It may not work but it won't take long to find out.
73,
John, WA5BXO