[AMRadio] 1500 KHz trap for NC-156, one more time...

Larry Szendrei ne1s at neandertech.com
Wed Aug 13 09:05:23 EDT 2008

Last night I used the NC-156 receiver, with its 1500 KHz IF, on the Gray
Hair Net on 1945 KHz. With the 1500 KHz filter (parallel-resonant 1000pF
and 11.25µH) in series with the antenna lead, the 1945 KHz AM signals
were strapping with only a very faint beat note which varied in pitch as I
tuned through them with the AM detector. With the filter shorted out, all
I heard was a cacophony of broadcast signals - I could no longer hear the
net!

I am happy...

73,
-Larry/NE1S