[AMRadio] Automated Ole Buzzards?

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 11:55:37 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Robert Nickels <w9ran at oneradio.net> wrote:
> Here's everything you'd ever need to achieve AM Immortality - just program
> it to turn on the receiver once in a while, otherwise there should be enough
> capacity here to keep your AM station ole buzzarding long after your key has
> become silent ;-)

Ugh.....maintenance nightmare, migraine alert! Was just discussing
these beasts recently with a list member. Yes - they look much cooler
than they [reliably] worked!

Jack K9ACT actually built a nifty little loop system for calling CQ a
year or so back. Works pretty well. Don K4KYV followed suit sometime
after. That's as much automation as I'd ever want to have in my
station. And those rotary 8-Track-looking beasts are the reason. There
has to be some audio evidence out there of one going berserk on the
air. Makes HAL seem like a pre-schooler.

No sleep tonight, the carousel nightmare is sure to return. Thanks
Bob. Thanks a lot.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ  (o: