[AMRadio] 43' Vertical "How To" and Tutorial

BILL GUYGER bguyger at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 2 00:33:04 EST 2008

I totally second what Robert says. I've worked on some very old AM arrays too and the only degradation to some was that soil had washed onto the site from up hill and buried the radials too deep, 6" to 12" in one case. And Amen on the Silver Solder! "Staysilv 15" is great and requires no flux since it's mostly copper to begin with.

As an aside, some arrays from the 40's used Copper Clad for radials. It holds up well too and is coming back into vogue because of Copper thefts.

Bill AD5OL