[AMRadio] AM accomodated in IARU Region 1 Bandplan

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 18:35:49 EST 2008

Don,

I agree that it does not serve the League's agenda for them to acknowledge the affirmation of AM activity in the IARU Region 1 band plan.

Pete,

Thanks for trying to convince the ARRL to revise its "coverage" of the Region 1 summary.  The response from their press aide indicates she misunderstood your request.  You did not ask them to rewrite the IARU's final minutes, did you ?

To both of you, is there any value in your asking any ranking represenatives in Region 1 to, in turn, ask the ARRL to more properly acknowledge the important details in the chart the League's press release has published ?

I would appreciate your help in pursuing this.
Would you both be willing to have your remarks further published in Electric Radio?  I have been told by Ray that he intends to publish my report as a "letter to the Editor," to those who aren't on this Reflector. It would be nice to include you in the discussion.

Please let me know, here or offline.

Paul

-------

Pete, I take it this is the specific wording, related to AM, you questioned the League for omitting:

(source: IARU website, dateline Cavtat, Croatia)
http://www.iaru-r1.org/Cavtat%20papers.htm

Sideband Usage Below 10MHz use lower sideband (LSB), above 10 MHz use upper sideband (USB)

Amplitude modulation (AM) may be used in the telephony sub-bands providing consideration is given to adjacent channel users.

DEFINITIONS:
All modes CW, SSB and those modes listed as Centres of Activity, plus AM (Consideration should be given to adjacent channel users).