[AMRadio] 1939 Radio Shack Catalog

Dave k9ux at mchsi.com
Fri Dec 5 13:07:59 EST 2008

Hi Guys,

Leafing through that catalogue was great. Some of the crystals and whatnot I
actually have here.

I remember going to Allied Electronics on Western Ave. in Chicago with my
uncle and a ham friend of his back in the
mid 60's. When I walked in the door I was blown away with all the ham gear
they had on display.
Rows and rows of Hammarlund, Hallicrafters, Drake, Collins, Johnson, Etc.
Etc. It was unbelievable and I never seen anything like it
again.
As they say, "those were the days"

Dave K9UX