[AMRadio] BUMMERS! TUBE RADIO OPERATING EVENT... Heavy Metal Rally

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 14:30:43 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 1:57 PM, kenw2dtc <kenw2dtc at comcast.net> wrote:

> ER already changed the rules to allow class "E", so if it was just a best of
> show rally, he could change the rules to reflect that:  collect best of show
> points from other stations etc.

Yep, covered that in my original post when I said:

"After Ray took over ER the rules were modified to include big Class E
rigs as well..."

> I don't see how "best sounding audio" relates to points for working 160 and
> 80, or working additional states. etc..  The language of the rules makes it
> sound like a contest; if one can have a contest and call it a rally, then
> one could have an auto bailout and call it a loan.

I can't answer that for you Ken, particularly since neither you nor I
came up with the concept to start with. It was Bill's idea for
creating some enjoyable, laid back AM activity around the holidays. A
pretty good one in its original form, in my opinion. Keep in mind that
the rules have been rewritten a bit since Bill's original event.
Fortunately for us we don't have to figure out the how or why, simply
whether or not to take part.

> What is wrong with calling a contest a contest......................

Nothing that I'm aware of Ken. No different than calling a stick a
stick, a rock a rock, or a troll a troll, really. But again - if you
really want the specifics, you'll have to consult Bill's original
rules published in ER, his posts on AMfone (maybe here as well), or
maybe even drop him an email. That's what I did.

~ Todd, KA1KAQ/4, not as old as Ken but hoping....