[AMRadio] DRAKE 2B`

cemilton at aol.com cemilton at aol.com
Mon Dec 22 17:02:15 EST 2008

 Hi Bob,

I have a 2-A........... the mute setting should be the same as the 2-B.

First, when using "mute" function, the front panel switch should be left in STBY.

The external relay you use should be GROUNDED on RECEIVE and OPEN on STANDBY.

Sequence of the relay contacts should be such that the receiver is muted BEFORE the transmitter makes RF and that the transmitter stops making RF BEFORE the muting is removed.

I have a Dow-Key with external contacts that does the job when I use it with the EICO 720 or the DX-60.

Hope this helps.

73
Chuck
W4MIL