[AMRadio] AM audio problem

BILL GUYGER bguyger at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 31 15:08:02 EST 2008

It's a high Z input, are you getting RF back into the mic pre especially without a mic connected? The improved LF response caused by changing the interstage coupling caps may be helping set up a positive feedback loop. Try a .001 bypass from the mic input to gnd. or ferrite beads on the wire from the mic connector to the grid, but beware of rolling of the highs by doing too much of either.

Bill AD5OL