[AMRadio] RE: AMRadio Digest, Vol 49, Issue 2

Clarke, Tom AIR4.0P NATOPS frederic.clarke at navy.mil
Fri Feb 1 15:04:03 EST 2008

Hi JT,

That would be a great project.  The parts are quite common at hamfests,

AES (antique electronic supply), or other places on the net.  Some folks

don't like to smash up old tubes to make coil forms (like Teddy
Roosevelt
said "they aren't making them anymore"), so keep an eye out for actual
plastic or bakelite coil forms.  Look under the tables at hamfests!

If you are interested I will send you a 365pf variable cap (C1) to get
you started,
as they tend to be somewhat uncommon.  I need to dig about in the attic
a bit,
but I am sure there is one lurking up there!

No charge, just pass the favor forward, someday.  Send me your address.

Keep us (the group)posted as your project progresses.

Rule #1 - Have fun!

73 de Tom/W4OKW (ex K1AST)

-