[AMRadio] Building my first regenerative RX

EdwMullin at aol.com EdwMullin at aol.com
Fri Feb 1 18:14:55 EST 2008

This is an easy and straight forward regen.  I've built it and it does  work
FB.  None of the components are hard to find, except maybe the octal  bases. I
just used a couple of broken tubes and pill bottles for the coil forms.  Or
you could hard wire a singe tapped coil for only a couple-three bands.

 I would recomend building it on a bigger than recomended chassis so  you can
add stuff, like an RF amp and an additional stage of audio amplification
later. (Both easy by adding another 12AT7).

It's an great beginers  radio.

There are lots of simple 1 tube transmitter designs out there.   Actually, on
the glowbugs site is a Jones 10 watter that uses a single dual  triode as a
crystal oscillator.  Built as a slat board project, it would be  a nice little
QRP rig. You could build it with another 12AT7...  That would  be an
interesting QSO...

Rig is All 12AT7s hr om.

Ed/KB1HYS
Nashua, NH