[AMRadio] Re: AMers should not operate other modes??

Brett Gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizon.net
Fri Feb 1 21:00:25 EST 2008

I dont operate it either, I have nothing to talk about on ssb.
I never homebrewed any gear for ssb.

I also find it anoying to listen to mostly, although the new icom makes
it sound quite good.
I learned something tuning around with the rig on ssb, the auto
notch works great, and will follow a jammer/carrier all around and notch it
out
without hardly any degridation of the received audio.
Not sure what FMing would do, but trying to jam someone on
ssb with a carrier is futile with the new rigs.

Maybe I should listen around on 40 meters weekend mornings
of ssb and see if anyone interesting to talk to is on.

I did rtty a long time ago with a model 15, and a vic20 and microlog air one
card, never did sstv, hate 2 meters and vhf stuff in general.
Never did digital or sattelite stuff, moon bounce, etc.

I am trying to get back up to speed on CW, and am building a homebrew tube
type
cw tranciever, that should be fun.
Anyone know where I could get 454 and 456 KHz xtals for my bfo???

Brett
N2DTS