[AMRadio] Building my first regenerative RX


Joe Crawford crawfish at surfmore.net
Fri Feb 1 22:06:31 EST 2008


I have done this with 4-pin tube bases and have pictures.
                                                   Joe W4AAB
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h at jeremy.mv.com>
To: "Brett Gazdzinski" <brett.gazdzinski at verizon.net>; "Discussion of AM 
Radio in the Amateur Service" <amradio at mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 8:51 PM
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Building my first regenerative RX


> Plastic pill bottles have excellent Q. Free at home or real cheap at a 
> pharmacy. Easy to mate with a tube base also.
>
> Carl
> KM1H
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Brett Gazdzinski" <brett.gazdzinski at verizon.net>
> To: "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service" 
> <amradio at mailman.qth.net>
> Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 9:23 PM
> Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Building my first regenerative RX
>
>
>> You can buy tube bases, so you dont have to break tubes.
>> Antique electronic supply was selling them last I looked,
>> along with coil forms, rf chokes, tubes, sockets, knobs,
>> and so on.
>>
>> PVC pipe makes nice coil forms, but to get the best Q, the old B+W
>> coil stock can not be beat.
>>
>> Brett
>> N2DTS
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- 
>> From: "AirRadio" <AirRadio at dsl.pipex.com>
>> To: "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service"
>> <amradio at mailman.qth.net>
>> Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 3:55 PM
>> Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Building my first regenerative RX
>>
>>
>>>
>>> That looks really great, I have almost enough bits in my junkbox to
>>> construct this ( might even have a Selenium rectifier!  hihi)  I love 
>>> the
>>> sound of breaking glass, now where's all those old dead octals gone?
>>> Seriously though you don't have to use old tube bases but you might have
>> to
>>> recalculate the coil dimensions, I wonder if there is a simple 
>>> transmitter
>>> to go with it? 73 Max M0GHQ
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > JT Croteau wrote:
>>> >> I'd like to try building my first regenerative receiver but I am 
>>> >> quite
>>> >> new to tube rigs so I am looking for something relatively simple to
>>> >> construct.  I've been looking at the following circuit and wonder if
>>> >> it'd be a good one to start with.
>>> >>
>>> >> http://www.mines.uidaho.edu/~glowbugs/12at7_regen.html
>>> >>
>>> >> Would I have any difficulties finding the tube, tube socket, and tube
>>> >> bases?
>>> >>
>>> >> Thanks
>>> >>
>>>
>>>
>>> ______________________________________________________________
>>> Our Main Website: http://www.amfone.net
>>> AMRadio mailing list
>>> List Rules (must read!): http://w5ami.net/amradiofaq.html
>>> List Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/amradio
>>> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.html
>>> Post: mailto:AMRadio at mailman.qth.net
>>> To unsubscribe, send an email to amradio-request at mailman.qth.net with
>>> the word unsubscribe in the message body.
>>
>> ______________________________________________________________
>> Our Main Website: http://www.amfone.net
>> AMRadio mailing list
>> List Rules (must read!): http://w5ami.net/amradiofaq.html
>> List Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/amradio
>> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.html
>> Post: mailto:AMRadio at mailman.qth.net
>> To unsubscribe, send an email to amradio-request at mailman.qth.net with
>> the word unsubscribe in the message body.
>>
>
> ______________________________________________________________
> Our Main Website: http://www.amfone.net
> AMRadio mailing list
> List Rules (must read!): http://w5ami.net/amradiofaq.html
> List Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/amradio
> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.html
> Post: mailto:AMRadio at mailman.qth.net
> To unsubscribe, send an email to amradio-request at mailman.qth.net with
> the word unsubscribe in the message body.
> 



More information about the AMRadio mailing list

This page last updated 21 Oct 2017.