[AMRadio] AM nets

Ellen Rugowski ellenjoanne2003 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 2 10:58:28 EST 2008

Well Max,

Right now, the Midwest Classic net is just starting to come to a close. It's
just shy of 10 AM (I checked in at 9:40 AM).  It meets every Saturday
Morning at 7:30 AM on 3.885 MHz.  Rob, WA9ZTY just made the comment that
there were 59 check-ins. Last year, when I first started checking into the
net, it started at 8 PM, and was pretty much done by 9:30 AM. So yes, it
seems like AM net activity is up. Some of it is probably due newer hams
discovering AM.  But it also seems to be due to radio conditions finally
starting to get a little better.

73,
Ellen - AF9J