[AMRadio] Wanted: Ranger front panel

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 08:51:31 EST 2008

Mike Sawyer wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that is who Howard would sub-contract out to. However, I
> talked with Dee about a year ago on 160. I thought he indicated to me he was
> getting out of business. But don't quote me on that;>)

Dee has a silk screening process that he does to the front panel of
those old johnson rigs.  I've seen a couple that he's done, and no
doubt, they come out looking better than they did when they were brand
new in the 50's and 60's.  Somewhere, some hamfest, someone had a Ranger
I,, that had a re-finished front panel, and the owner then had the case
chrome plated.  Looked sharp... but it wasn't 'right' looking if I were
going for aesthetics).

I think I want to build up a single 6080, or 6SA7... some dual-triode
tube with substantial plate dissipation, and then modulate it with a
pair of the same.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,