[AMRadio] Wiring

JT Croteau jt.n1ese at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 09:17:46 EST 2008

Another tube newbie question from me...

When building simple regens and QRP transmitters, what type of wiring
should I be using?  I've read that with regens, mechanical stability
is key and wiring plays an important role.  Does this mean to go as
far as using solid conductors rather than stranded?  The wire I have
on hand at the moment from other projects is some 16 ga. silver plated
teflon (19-strand I believe).  Would this stuff work?

Lastly, are there any websites or reading material geared towards
newbie tube builders?  I still have some real basic questions that I
am ashamed to ask about because I feel some of this stuff I should
probably know and probably should  However, I'm still young was was
born in the solid-state era.  *grin*  I also don't remember much, if
any, tube stuff was actually taught for my ticket back in 1989.

Thanks

--
JT Croteau, N1ESE - Manchester, NH (FN42gx)
Contest Manager, TARA Skirmish