[AMRadio] Wiring

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Sun Feb 3 10:37:04 EST 2008

N1ESE  wrote:

>I've read that with regens, mechanical stability
>is key and wiring plays an important role.  Does this mean to go as
>far as using solid conductors rather than stranded?

Solid versus stranded isn't the key point (although heavy-gage solid
wire is probably best) but rather that of the rigidness ofall the
circuit components.  It is best to mount things in ways that stop them
 from "springing" and "boinging" around when vibration is present.  Use
of terminal strips/tie-points for every every joint (rather than
connections up in the air) for example...

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.