[AMRadio] The Viking II is FINALLY starting to work

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Sun Feb 3 17:27:02 EST 2008

>If I do have to replace the resistors, is the wire gauge,
>and number of turns for the chokes, critical?

I haven't found it to be critical.  I generally use the solid tinned
wire that radio shack sells on a small white reel, wrapped three or so
times around a 2-watt carbon resistor.  The resistor is usually 47-ohm
or thereabouts.

No I wasn't on the AM net.  At 9:30 CT I checked into WB9GKZ's classic
SSB net on 3840 kHz with my KW Electronics KW-2000B transceiver.  I
tried to use it last week too but it needed fixin' before it was
reliable enough for actual use.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.

I'm hoping it's as simple as that (they looked kind of ratty, when I
pulled
the plate caps to do plate to grid checks).  If I do have to replace the
resistors, is the wire gauge, and number of turns for the chokes,
critical?

73,
Ellen - AF9J

P.S. - were you on yesterday morning's net?  Condx. sure were kind of
weird
to Rob, WA9ZTY.  I checked in with the mighty Scout 680, easily, and Rob
took a nosedive into the noise 10 minutes later.  Go figure.