[AMRadio] Alternatives to GatesGarbage(tm)

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 10:01:26 EST 2008

John Lawson wrote:

>   Folks might also look into Sun's Star Office Suite - does each and
> everything that Micr$..t does, thats WP, Spreadsheet, Database,
> Powerpoint, etc etc - the whole thing is $80...  I use it heavily in
> all of my business ventures, and have yet to find an
> incompatibility...  80 bux for all of it.
>
>   Then of course, use FireFox for a browser and Thunderbird for your
> email - you won't be subject to the whims an vagaries of the
> MicroSheep (can you tell I've little use for the boys and girls in
> Redmond??) and you'll be a whole lot safer, as well....

For that matter, you could get and install your favorite version of
Linux (free for downloading off the 'net, burning the 'live cd' .iso
image to a disc and looking around at different distributions without
installing to your drive, till you find what suits you - for free) that
comes with Open Office, for free.

Just think... you could have a computing experience that doesn't require
the $ Micro$haft wants ever living, breathing computer-user to pay, to
use 'their' software.

And, there's a lot you can do with Ham radio, in general, with Linux...

Did I mention that Linux is virus resistant, as well?  ;-)

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR