[AMRadio] My latest toy has arrived, an ART-13A

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 11:53:04 EST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 7:45 PM, jeremy-ca <km1h at jeremy.mv.com> wrote:

> So, now, what do I do with it? What are the best references to get this
> beast on the air? I dont want to make any unnecessary changes that wont
> benefit its use.

Along with the group here, I'd suggest the milsurplus list as a source
of info, parts, and so on. There are some very simple (and reversible)
things you can do to improve the audio, switching the mic to dynamic
(under the frequency chart) is a good start. Robert Downs has
connectors, Fair Radio did have, maybe Wm. Perry too. Do you have the
dynamotor for it?

>  Will this cover 160

Did it come with the proper LF oscillator installed? There were two,
one has a three position frequency switch, the other has 5. You want
the latter, then 160 is a cinch.

Picked up a nice ATC in November (Navy ART-13), you may have seen it
at Deerfield. Also very clean and has been used on the air, so if
you're up this way and want to look over the changes, give a holler.

The auto tune is a hoot!

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ