[AMRadio] My latest toy has arrived, an ART-13A

AirRadio AirRadio at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Feb 5 12:34:00 EST 2008

Todd,
I run an ART-13 unmodified with the dynamotor for normal AM use, I use the
lollipop mic as found with the WS19 set, tank radio, the one with the holes
in (Microphone hand no3), the T-17 is no good and you will not get the mod.
use in the carbon mic setting. I am interested in your 160m mod for the LF
unit as I have both, do you have that to hand as I would like to operate top
band using this radio. I also have a BC-610 but that is another story.
I found that in the dynamic position you have to have a small preamp to get
full mod, if you run it right with a carbon mic and get the plate needle to
kick upto 200 mills then the mod is 99%. I have had very good success with
my ART-13 and get around 90 - 120w of carrier which is about right, I have
had QSO's Stateside from the UK using this and an inverted V doublet.
I also run a couple of computer fans sucking the air OUT of the rear of the
transmitter, keeps it happy that way, also acts as a very good room heater
on these cold mornings hihi. Good luck and get it on the air soon.
73 Max M0GHQ