[AMRadio] Survey Results are in!

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 16:31:58 EST 2008

jcotton at excite.com wrote:
> All
> Thank you for participating in my little ad-hoc survey of AMers.  I will copy the results below.  For those responers who responded openly to the list, I thank you and since everyone has already seen your comments, there is no need for me to copy them.  For those who responded to me directly and not to the list, then i will honor your trust and not publish your comments.  You are free to list your comments yourselves, of course.
>
> We had 22 responders.  The favorite band was 80 meters, the favorite antenna was a dipole.  I was surprized that the favorite feed line was ladder, not coax.  Most people use a transmatch, and the vast majority use separate transmitters and receivers.  Most activity takes place in mornings or evenings, and on weekends.  Most of us spend 4 to 10 hours per week on the hobby, and another surprize was that two thirds of respondents prefer technical work to operating.
>

> Total Responders  22

I had forgot about this survey, as I was out of town for the last two weeks.

Put me down for an 80m opearator, using a full-wave Delta loop, fed with
450-ohm ladder line, using separate transmitter and receiver, RX is
commercial and TX is (mostly) homebrew.  Final is hb, exciter is
commercial, audio is modified commercial/homebrew.  As for how long?
uhm... depends on the round table and how many a day I get into.
typically a couple of hours, every morning (when I'm home). 14~20 hrs a
week sometimes... sometimes as little as 4 hours a month.

As I've stated, I don't care how something -looks- as long as it -works-
well!

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,