[AMRadio] US General class licence no longer

Tom Chesek tchesek at epix.net
Wed Feb 6 17:53:50 EST 2008

Here we go again with the "I had to walk to school 20 miles each way uphill
carrying my little sister on my back" bellyaching. The CEPT regulation
certainly doesn't change the way you operate in the US and I suspect that
the number hams out of 650,000 or so from the US who travel abroad with
General or lower licenses wanting to operate will be few. Times change...so
adapt. Get your Extra Class license if it is so easy!  Your idea of "garbage
that I  DON'T want anything to do with!!!!" is how I feel about CW. I took
the 5WPM test for my license and don't operate that mode but I did what the
regulation at the time required.  The fact that they don't test for CW today
doesn't bother me either. CW certainly doesn't improve my electronic
knowledge.

Tom K3TVC