[AMRadio] Re: Amateur Radio Exam Question

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Thu Feb 7 17:03:10 EST 2008

My most recent ARRL Handbook is the 2003 edition. There is a Cell Phone
section in it. Apparently there are people using cellphone/spread spectrum
technology on the 70cm band and higher.

I just don't have an interest in that stuff anymore.

And the satellite stuff does not interest me.

And there were even questions about Internet protocol the last time I looked
through the test.

But I have thought about just going in, giving them my $12 and taking the
test and seeing how well I did. I passed the NO-CODE Tech in 2003 without
studying any more than the new frequency/segment assignments. And I got a
93%. I did not answer two questions and I missed one question. That was not
bad for a 30 year absence from ham radio.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa,
"Real Radios Glow in the Dark"