[AMRadio] Re: Amateur Radio Exam Question

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Thu Feb 7 17:17:55 EST 2008

But we sure don't need an Extra ticket to operate a 2M or 70cm HT thought a
repeater.

I just don't have much interest in trying to memorize questions about MOON
BOUNCE or METOR SCATTER to pass the Extra exam. It's not that important to
me. The PNW AM group only operates on 3870. My General ticket is good enough
for that.

I would like to see some 40M or 20M AM activity.

I don't understand why people don't use 10M AM for local operation during
this  period of the solar cycle. I guess no one is interested in local
activity other than that done on the 2M repeaters.

I guess the nature of ham radio has just changed too much from what I
remember from the 50's and 60's. It's not as interesting as it was back
then.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa,