[AMRadio] Re: Amateur Radio Exam Question

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Thu Feb 7 17:52:50 EST 2008

Those of you that took the General exam back in the 50's or early 60's
should look at the electronic diagrams that are included in the new (July
2008) Extra exam. We had to draw more complex schematics on our exam back.
We also had to do reactance and resonance math with nothing more than
possible a sliderule.

With the exception of the wide range of subjects covered the new Extra exam
may actually be less complex than the earlier General exam that a lot of us
took. And many of us never upgrades because the barrier was the CW speed.
That's what made the difference between a General, Advanced, and Extra back
then.

I liked it better that way.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ