[AMRadio] Re: Carrier with one sideband

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Thu Feb 7 18:47:44 EST 2008

The "modern" SS rigs do NOT generate AM in that manner.

The last radio that I saw that used a carrier with ONE sideband for AM
was the Collins KWS-1.  That is precisely why I did NOT procure one when
the opportunity arose.

As to Vestigal SB, that INDEED is used in Amateur TV signals, however, I
cannot remember whether it is for slow scan or fast scan.  It eludes me
at the moment, AND no carrier is used.

Bob - NØDGN

--
Bob Bethman/NØDGN/BC-610/Northern Radio