[AMRadio] Re: Carrier with one sideband

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 19:41:03 EST 2008

rbethman wrote:

> The "modern" SS rigs do NOT generate AM in that manner.
>
> The last radio that I saw that used a carrier with ONE sideband for AM
> was the Collins KWS-1.  That is precisely why I did NOT procure one
> when the opportunity arose.

Swan did the same thing.  There was a 'carrier null' adjustment on the
front of the Swan 350C that I had (think the 270 and 500 had it, as
well) but there was no real 'AM' mode, on the radio.  With the carrier
'unbalanced', you could modulate the thing like AM and be heard on
-some- diode detector type receivers.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,