[AMRadio] Re: Carrier with one sideband

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Feb 7 20:23:02 EST 2008

I said Ive owned one, that is past tense.

I liked the phasing rigs so much I used them to drive transverters for
VHF/UHF as well as one on 160M since the 100V didnt cover it at the time; I
later found the 160 kit.

The Lakeshore was a II model, not a B. I still have the Hetrodyning VFO
which will be restored and used in a vintage AM station. You wouldnt happen
to know of a source for the dial scale? Mine is a bit rough after the
plastic face plate disintegrated.

Since AM was still popular on VHF/UHF well into the 70's they were an easy
way to get a decent signal and driving a KW linear on all modes.

I sold all that gear off in the late 80's when I succumbed to a HF SS xcvr
for the main HF station and to drive the transverters.
I still use the Hallicrafters (much modified in the RX path) HA-2 and HA-6
to drive 1500W amps; cant kill the 5894's and they are so much more linear
than a SS brick.

Carl
KM1H