[AMRadio] Re: Amateur Radio Exam Question

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Thu Feb 7 20:38:00 EST 2008

Here is another question from the NEW Extra exam:

------------

Which of the following describes how the loading capacitor and tuning
capacitor are to be
adjusted when tuning a vacuum tube RF power amplifier that employs a
pi-network output
circuit?
A. The loading capacitor is set to maximum capacitance and the tuning
capacitor is
adjusted for minimum allowable plate current
B. The tuning capacitor is set to maximum capacitance and the loading
capacitor is
adjusted for minimum plate permissible current
C. The loading capacitor is adjusted to minimum plate current while
alternately adjusting
the tuning capacitor for maximum allowable plate current
D. The tuning capacitor is adjusted for minimum plate current, while the
is adjusted for maximum permissible plate current

I wonder how may RICEBOX APPLIANCE OPERATORS can answer this one!

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa,
"Real Radios Glow in the Dark"