[AMRadio] 40M AM (Was: re: Amateur Radio Exam Question)

JT Croteau jt.n1ese at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 10:34:53 EST 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 10:23 AM, Todd, KA1KAQ <ka1kaq at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hope to hear more of you on the air over the weekend.

Todd, or anyone, what is the activity like on 40M AM these days?  Is
there any?  When I get my AM station on the air, I will likely be
sending a fair amount of time on 40 (if there is activity) as my
current antenna is a resonant 40M dipole.  I've never used SSB or any
modes other than CW and RTTY/PSK on 40M so I have no clue what to
expect.   I've been able to use a transmatch on this 40M dipole before
to get favorable results on 80M CW/DATA but it is a cloudburner for
the most part and only good for regional work.  I'm going to be
putting up new antennas this spring.

--
JT Croteau, N1ESE - Manchester, NH (FN42gx)
Contest Manager, TARA Skirmish