[AMRadio] 40M AM (Was: re: Amateur Radio Exam Question)

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Fri Feb 8 12:11:24 EST 2008

I have the same interest. The longest dipole I can have is a 40M one. O live
in a 4th floor "RETIREMEN APARTMENT. I cannot have an outdoor antenna or
access to the attic.

My apartment is 20ft by 20ft with the livingroom window facing south. My
antenna starts in SE corner. One leg goes west about 18ft to the SW corner
then turns north to the NW corner of my bedroom. The other leg goes from the
SE corner north about 20ft to the NE corner then turns west to the NW corner
of my kitchen

A couple of years ago I was hearing 40M SSB between 7200 and 7300 during
contests. And at times I could hear people from Central California in the
7200 to 7300 segment even during non contest times.

Right now the only time I am hearing anything on 40M is during contests.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa,
"Real Radios Glow in the Dark"