Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Sat Feb 9 15:09:02 EST 2008

830 service manual shows the difference between the 830S and the 830M(AM
version). Additional simple board with several transistors, relay, and
some discrete components. Need a 6 KHz AM filter (the one from a TS-930
works fine). After wiring modification, "Wide CW" on the mode switch
becomes the AM position. Not hard to implement if you feel ambitious.

Pete, wa2cwa