[AMRadio] TS-830 on AM

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Sat Feb 9 17:06:18 EST 2008

Once upon a time I had a spare VFO-230 but it made the trip to Dayton
years ago and never returned. Occasionally, TS-830M's also pop up on
ebay. They were never sold retail in the U. S. The assembly of an AM
board for the 830 doesn't seemed to be all that complicated. The actual
boards haven't been available from Kenwood for many years but perf board
should work fine. I suspect if you just bridge the filter pads on the
main board with some "R" and not use a 6 KHz filter, you would achieve
"wide" AM.

Pete, wa2cwa