[AMRadio] Ranger driving SB220

Gary Blau gblau at w3am.com
Mon Feb 11 19:44:53 EST 2008

You can lower the power in a couple different ways.
Lower the screen, run the PA on the low HV, attenuate the RF, etc.

If you're driving an amp there's no advantage to running full power in
the Ranger.  In fact, you give up a lot of potential positive peak
modulation capability, if that's important to you.
I vote for lowering the screen and making it adjustable.
Second would be running the PA on the lower HV rail.

There are numerous articles on line for modifying the Ranger to do these
things.