[AMRadio] Using Heath SB 610 Monitor Scope to

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 22:18:30 EST 2008

Jim Wilhite wrote:
> To anyone considering an SB 610 or 614, keep in mind they must be
> constructed to match the IF frequency of the receiver to which they
> will be interfaced.

Uh...
I was under the impression that the 610 / 614 monitor scopes were for
monitoring the 'transmitted' signal.

> Some of them were built to work with the Heath receivers with the 3
> meg IF and those that were built for 455 Kc. had the coils that would
> do so.
>
> If you find one for with the 3 Kc IF coils,

kc?  you said 3meg(sic).  Which is it?

> it won't work properly with a NC 300 or NC 183D for example.  Heath
> packaged the coils for both with the units and the builder chose which
> he wanted.  I doubt you will receive the coils that were not used
> during construction.   Check them out before you find you have
> something that won't work with your receiver.

Sooooo...
I was under the impression that the 610 / 614 monitor scopes were for
monitoring the 'transmitted' signal.  Since I wasn't sure, I went looking.

http://web.comhem.se/~u87540545/Heathkit/Products/pageSB610.htm
Heathkit SB-610
The Heathkit SB-610 monitor scope is primarily designed for monitor the
RF-signals, on-the-air signals, from the local transmitter. It can also
be used to monitor received signals when connected to a receiver.
It monitors RF-envelop, RF-trapezoid and RTTY pattern. SB-610 has also a
built-in two-tone sinewave AF-oscillator for SSB-transmitter adjustment.

The Monitor-Scope matches the SB-line.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,