[AMRadio] Ranger driving SB220

Patrick Thompson wa4tukhr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 22:27:44 EST 2008

Well, I'm telling a story on myself. I had looked at your page before and
added it to a folder with Ranger related info from several places on the web
and BAMA, etc. I've been fixing various things as I go through this rig. The
latest item I was concerned with was the modulator current (way too high).
So I was looking to see what other people had done and looked over the grid
biasing for the modulator but missed the variable screen voltage power
control (a future project).

It used to be routine to try to get 120% positive modulation in broadcast AM
service. Still not a bad goal.

Thanks!

Pat
wa4tuk