[AMRadio] Ranger driving SB220

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 22:35:15 EST 2008

Patrick Thompson wrote:
> How did you go about getting the RF drive from the Ranger down to a level
> usable by the SB220?
>
> [...]
>
> I thought about a homemade pad but that's a lot of heat to throw away. Maybe
> a 3db pad and turn the drive down a little?

AE5AW/Bill, in San Angelo, TX, inserted a roll of 50ohm coax between the
Ranger I and the grid input of his GU-76 amp.
He gets around 6 watts of carrier out of it, and the station sure sounds
good from out in West Texas!

> I could lower the screen voltage but it would be nice to have the rig full
> power when barefoot.

You could wire in a big pot, to vary the screen voltage.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR