AM Mobile Rig (was Re: [AMRadio] Todays Toy - Elmac PS-2V)

ne1s at neandertech.com ne1s at neandertech.com
Tue Feb 12 17:12:48 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Todays Toy - Elmac PS-2V
Date: Tue, February 12, 2008 16:32
From: "Todd, KA1KAQ" <ka1kaq at gmail.com>

> I was thinking of your mobile set up Larry, and wondering if it was
> somehow meant to work with a Gonset converter or ?
>
> ~ Todd,  KA1KAQ

Hi Todd,

Not sure I understand the question. My mobile station is an Elmac A54-H
XMTR, with the RCVR being a Gonset Super-6 converter feeding the AM
broadcash radio. The output of the converter is somewhere near 1400 Kc/s.
Antenna is the convenient but innefficient Webster Bandspanner.

The A54-H is powered from a PE-103 dynamotor, and the Gonset converter has
its own transistorized multivibrator supply strapped on the back to
provide plate voltage.

If you look at the photo on my homepage (ne1s.rfburn.org), the box below
the transmitter takes care of such things as TR switching, RX muting,
frequency spotting, switching the AM broadcash radio between antenna and
converter, etc. Even have a noise clipper down there, but it wasn't very
effective, so I don't use it.

Probably more than you wanted to know :-)

73,
-Larry/NE1S