AM Mobile Rig (was Re: [AMRadio] Todays Toy - Elmac PS-2V)

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 11:22:48 EST 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 5:12 PM,  <ne1s at neandertech.com> wrote:

> Hi Todd,
>
> Not sure I understand the question. My mobile station is an Elmac A54-H
> XMTR, with the RCVR being a Gonset Super-6 converter feeding the AM
> broadcash radio. The output of the converter is somewhere near 1400 Kc/s.
> Antenna is the convenient but innefficient Webster Bandspanner.

You gotta remember, I only saw it from the back seat as we drove to
the AM Dinner that night. (o:

Was just wondering if the extra plugs, relay, whatever else on JT's
supply might be related somehow to what you describe, the former
owner's way of muting, powering an external converter, receiver, etc.

Your set up works slick, and sounds great in the Falcon. Really takes
you back in time while riding down the road. It got me to thinking
about something similar for the old Lincoln. Even have an old ARRL
Mobile Log Book somewhere.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ