AM Mobile Rig (was Re: [AMRadio] Todays Toy - Elmac PS-2V)

JT Croteau jt.n1ese at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 11:43:47 EST 2008

On Feb 13, 2008 11:22 AM, Todd, KA1KAQ <ka1kaq at gmail.com> wrote:
> Was just wondering if the extra plugs, relay, whatever else on JT's
> supply might be related somehow to what you describe, the former
> owner's way of muting, powering an external converter, receiver, etc.

The extra relay on the PS-2V supply was actually designed by
Multi-Products, as an option, and allowed the AF-67/68 to engage the
HV supplies when PTT was depressed.  I know what the relay was for,
just curious as to why it was poorly implemented with a separate, much
lower voltage, transformer by one of the previous owners.  I traced
that three prong connector and it's related to the HV relay and
appears to be for remote switching of the HV supply by something other
than an AF-67/68.

I have since removed the relay installation and extra tranny and
restored the supply to the original state before installation.  I am
now going to now reinstall the option per the schematic and rewire
connector for my Elmac 68.  I just need to get a filter cap and a 1N91
or suitable replacement.

--
JT Croteau, N1ESE - Manchester, NH (FN42gx)
Contest Manager, TARA Skirmish