[AMRadio] Re: 6V6 vs 6L6

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Feb 14 19:30:07 EST 2008

Good info Bob. I understand from a few forums that a new Sibley book is
ready for release. Is this true? Id rather wait than buy an outdated
version.

In the same vein do you know the introduction date of the 247 ?  Im trying
to date a superhet console radio that appears in no literature or is known
by several large collectors. The 247 appears to be the newest tube in the
lineup. The radio faceplate says Little Giant and the label on the chassis
is gone. With Meissner black wrinkle IF cans its obviously assembled from
catalog parts. Some suggest it is a bootleg from a small independent to
evade the RCA licensing. Build a small run, sell to a store and then move on
and keep doing it.

Tube line up is (2) 24A, (2) 235, (2) 227, 247, 280 and a pair of 2 pin 3L's
on a sub chassis which Im guessing are mercury vapor ballasts? The sockets
are marked Amperite.

My guesstimate is that it was built in1932-33.

Carl
KM1H