[AMRadio] Cap Substitution

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Feb 14 22:18:27 EST 2008

The cap is to reduce ripple to a level that wont cause chatter in the relay.
A higher value cap reduces the ripple further and there is finally some
finite value where the ripple is at zero.
Theory is in the PS section of any ARRL or other handbooks going back into
the 20's.

I usually use 150-220 MF in such a circuit as I use 24VDC relays to do all
my remote antenna switching and phasing. Again, it is not critical. If the
relay doesnt chatter youre good to go.

Carl
KM1H

Carl