[AMRadio] Cap Substitution

JT Croteau jt.n1ese at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 22:38:21 EST 2008

As a follow up to all this talk..

The person who did this mod, was rectifying the power to this 24V
relay with three 1N2069's in parallel with 2 cathodes facing one
direction and the other cathode facing the opposite direction.  These
were wired to a dedicated 6.3V tranny he also added.  Any idea why he
would have done this rather than using the 24V tap on the filament
transformer specially there for a 24V relay?  I measure roughly 26V on
this tap so I would assume the tranny is fine.

--
JT Croteau, N1ESE - Manchester, NH (FN42gx)
Contest Manager, TARA Skirmish