[AMRadio] RE: MODULATION POWER REQUIRED

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Fri Feb 15 09:04:51 EST 2008

I understand the modern RICEBOXES had speech processing the clips peaks and
filters the audio.

I had a tube speech processor back in the 60's. It was a classic
clipper/filter. It worked very well. For a lower power transmitter like the
smaller Heath DX units you can increase the voice level clipping and
filtering there by generating a higher modulation index without over
modulating. And if properly set you won't exceed the legal limits.

I am going to build another one for my current DX-60.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa,
"Real Radios Glow in the Dark"